The fascinating description of Google’s Spanner, arguably the single largest “known” database in the World leads me to wonder about the National Security Administration and the Defense Intelligence Agency, as much as Big Data and data mining. Clearly, Spanner is a giant leap forward to a truly global database architecture that does not overload global network communication, and is essentially immune from replication latency or outages. The novel application of “time” is probably the key element. It also porttends further advances in massive data mining. Andrew Fikes’ paper on Spanner essentially makes it available to the World, which if you carefully consider the point of the architecture, it makes sense… It also seems a bit spooky.
Inside Google Spanner: The Single Largest Database in the World
Tags: API, Application programming interface, big data, data mining, database, database architecture, database management, Defense Intelligence Agency, DIA, featured, Google, NoSQL, NSA, software development, Spanner
Founder, Global Internet Group, UBC adjunct faculty, Intel alumni, technology assessment, international business, clean tech, fly fisherman, native Californian who has been very fortunate to have traveled, lived and worked all over the globe. My wonderful wife, Isabelle has reintroduced me to my French Provencal heritage.
- John Sperling, University of Phoenix Founder, Dies at 93 - John Sperling, University of Phoenix Founder,... tmblr.co/Zls72u1PCzfyR 2 days ago
- Robin Williams humor was off the wall, I knew he was me when he said, If you can remember the 60's, you weren't there nyti.ms/1lQ7v5s 2 weeks ago
- I just bought: '3 Port HDMI Switch, 3 HDMI Inputs, 1 Output, Auto Switching, 1080p Dts-Hd TrueHd Lpcm... via @amazon amazon.ca/dp/B0020426AG/… 2 weeks ago
- BBC News - A liberal nerd 'problem' The anti-science, anti-intellectual right attacks Neil Degrasse Tyson. bbc.com/news/blogs-ech… 3 weeks ago
- Super Rich Guy to Billionaires: Get with the 99% Or Prepare for Revolution - Super Rich Guy to... tmblr.co/Zls72u1N8rw9h 3 weeks ago