The fascinating description of Google’s Spanner, arguably the single largest “known” database in the World leads me to wonder about the National Security Administration and the Defense Intelligence Agency, as much as Big Data and data mining. Clearly, Spanner is a giant leap forward to a truly global database architecture that does not overload global network communication, and is essentially immune from replication latency or outages. The novel application of “time” is probably the key element. It also porttends further advances in massive data mining. Andrew Fikes’ paper on Spanner essentially makes it available to the World, which if you carefully consider the point of the architecture, it makes sense… It also seems a bit spooky.
Inside Google Spanner: The Single Largest Database in the World
Tags: API, Application programming interface, big data, data mining, database, database architecture, database management, Defense Intelligence Agency, DIA, featured, Google, NoSQL, NSA, software development, Spanner
Founder, Global Internet Group, UBC adjunct faculty, Intel alumni, technology assessment, international business, clean tech, fly fisherman, native Californian who has been very fortunate to have traveled, lived and worked all over the globe. My wonderful wife, Isabelle has reintroduced me to my French Provencal heritage.
- Moore's Law at 50: At Least A Decade More To Go And Why That's Important - Moore’s Law at 50: At Least A... tmblr.co/Zls72u1ifmRR0 15 hours ago
- CNN Money: Canada's Economy Is A Disaster From Low Oil Prices - CNN Money: Canada’s Economy Is A Disaster... tmblr.co/Zls72u1iNlAW9 4 days ago
- Naomi Klein: Shocks, Slides and Shifts Make This The Perfect Time to Invest In Renewables - Naomi Klein:... tmblr.co/Zls72u1hwvUzW 1 week ago
- Alberta Bitumen Bubble and The Canadian Economy: Industry Analysis Case Study - Over two years ago now,... tmblr.co/Zls72u1hsXkzu 1 week ago
- Bank of Canada Sees Ever Widening Economic Impact of Oil Collapse - Bank of Canada Sees Ever Widening... tmblr.co/Zls72u1hqCK9f 1 week ago