The stock market is a fickle beast. Although it's been shown time and again to be a questionable measure of a company's worth, there's still this idea out there that a company is only as good as its stock price performance. Look at Facebook. In the past six months or so, it's gone from a new tech giant with a twelve-figure valuation to one of the worst IPOs in memory.
The clouds still hanging over Facebook
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
University of British Columbia Faculty of Management, Intel alumni, technology assessment, international business, renewable energy, smart grid, fly fisherman, native Californian who has been very fortunate to have traveled, lived and worked all over the globe. My wonderful wife, Isabelle has reintroduced me to my French Provencal heritage.
- RT @WSJ: Free to read: While many startups raised money at sky-high valuations based on user growth, they have little revenue. http://t.co/… 1 day ago
- The hottest tech startups are solving all the problems of being twenty years old, with cash on hand, because that’s who thinks them up 1 day ago
- From @gigaom: "Graph databases and graph-processing applications have been popping up all over the place lately,..." gigaom.com/2013/05/14/wer… 1 week ago
- I love the smell of opportunity in the morning 1 week ago
- RT @DeSmogCanada: New Alberta Energy Regulator Gerry Protti is the Oil Patch Lobby's Golden Goose desmog.ca/2013/05/04/new… #abpoli #ableg #cd… 2 weeks ago